It is the patrons responsibility to ensure that images are restricted to only include persons who have given their specific permission for the taking of the said image. General recording of images of patrons, staff or contractors randomly or without their specific permission is not permitted. Where a patron, staff or contractor complains that they have been included in an image where their permission was not specifically given, management will instruct the person taking the image to destroy the image.
The above clauses will not apply to any photography and/or other recording for which written approval has been given by General Manager, or his delegate representative (the senior manager on duty in the venue at the time).
The club reserves the right to refuse permission to any person to take photographs/video images at any time, regardless of this policy.
The General Manager will be the final arbiter on the application of this policy.
Where a patron is suspected of taking footage contrary to this policy, and refuses to display these images to the clubs management and delete or destroy these images at the request of club management or the photographed person through club management, the patron will be subject to disciplinary proceedings and removed from the premises.
Patrons will be permitted to take images in all areas of the Club with the exceptions outlined as follows;
Images will not be permitted to be taken:
- in any gaming area,
- in any part of any children’s areas
- in any staff work stations or staff only area,
- in any restrooms or change areas
- of adjoining or neighbours’ properties
- or in any other secured areas.
An exception to these areas may exist provided that:-
- a) consent is obtained by the area supervisor on duty at the time, and,
- b) that the images are restricted only to family member or other parties who have provided written consent.
It is the patron’s responsibility to ensure that images are restricted to only include persons who have given their specific permission for the taking of the said image. General recording of images of patrons, staff or contractors randomly or without their specific permission is not permitted. Where a patron, staff or contractor complains that they have been included in an image where their permission was not specifically given, management will instruct the person taking the image to destroy the image.
The above clauses will not apply to any photography and/or other recording for which written approval has been given by the General Manager, or his delegate representative (the senior manager on duty in the venue at the time).
Members may obtain a player activity statement that shows their spending on gaming machines over a monthly period through the club kiosks.
Bexley RSL Club operates an electronic sign-in system. The primary use of data collected is to conform to the requirements of the Registered Clubs Act 1976. For more information on this system or on personal information collected, contact the Privacy Officer at Bexley RSL Club on 9780 1303
Members are required to advise membership staff immediately of lost or stolen cards to protect their points balance.
Food and beverages are not to be brought into any Bexley RSL Club from outside unless prior approval has been granted by Management.
Rules and conditions of competitions held at each Bexley RSL Club are available on request.
Unless otherwise advertised, entry into live shows (other than children’s shows), raffles and bingo (excluding school holiday family and kid’s bingo) is restricted to over 18’s.
For shows in which children are permitted, please note that for the safety and comfort of patrons, strollers/capsules/prams are not permitted inside the show venue at any time. Children aged three years and under may be admitted free of charge if they share the same seat as a paying adult (maximum of one child per adult), except where otherwise advertised.
The NSW State Government has brought into effect The Smoke Free Environment (Amended) Act 2004 which prohibits smoking inside all licensed premises, effective 2 July 2007.
Simply put, this means that no-one can smoke anywhere inside pubs and clubs, including Bexley RSL Club clubs. Fines and penalties do apply to premises and individual offenders that smoke inside.
Section 7 of the Act indicates that the maximum fine that applies to a person that smokes in a smoke-free area is $550.
ClubSAFE Responsible Gambling Expanded Code of Practice
The Registered Clubs Code of Practice is based on the ClubsNSW (Registered Clubs Association) Problem Gambling Policy and the Best Practice Guidelines. The Code contributes to harm minimisation and conducting gambling in an environment that reflects community and club member expectations, and is a statement that the club industry takes its social responsibilities seriously. The Code is accompanied by an Advertising Code.
The Minister for Gaming and Racing approved the Code of Practice in accordance with the requirements of the Registered Clubs Act 1976 and is deemed to have also approved the Code in accordance with the requirements of the Gaming Machines Act 2001 (Schedule 1 Part 2 clause 10)
Responsible Conduct of Gambling Best Practice Guidelines
These Best Practice Guidelines represent an approach where the environment in which gambling is conducted minimises harm and meets community expectations. Registered clubs aspire to achieve a harm minimisation objective in their gambling operations by:
- Providing gambling services and practices that conform to all applicable Acts and Regulations.
- Promoting responsible gambling practices that conform to local community standards and expectations.
- Establishing a patron complaint resolution process.
- Implementing policies to encourage responsible practices in advertising and promotions related to gambling and ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Developing a policy that ensures all legislative requirements related to cheque cashing, payment of winnings and financial transactions are implemented and encourages patrons to develop responsible practices in the use of finances for gambling purposes.
- Introducing procedures for handling personal information relating to gambling patrons in a club to protect their rights of privacy.
- Establishing a pleasant and safe gambling environment.
- Informing and training staff on legislative requirements, harm minimisation issues, the risks of not complying with legislative requirements or not adopting and practising harm minimisation strategies and taking appropriate steps to promote patron and employee care.
- Encouraging patrons to take responsibility for their gambling activity through an effective self-exclusion procedure or other mechanisms.
- Informing patrons and staff of the club’s responsible gambling policy and program, the nature of gambling products and the availability of support services for problem gamblers.
- Developing links between the club and relevant community organisations that will provide support and advice for problem gamblers and their families.
Bexley RSL is committed to the responsible service of alcohol and the responsible service of gaming.
Every effort is made to ensure that all the information contained on this website is correct at the time of publishing; however, no guarantee is given to the accuracy of same. Information contained within this site is subject to change without notice.
- accepts no liability arising for any loss resulting from the use of this site.
- accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer, software of data occurring in connection with or relating to this site.
- accepts no liability to the availability or uptime of this site.
Bexley RSL reserves the right to amend any content on this site, without notice. Contact Club Reception with any questions on (02) 9501 1966 email firstname.lastname@example.org