In 1923, a Members Lodge was established from a donated piece of land. In June of 1930, Bexley Memorial Hall was opened. The actual Bexley RSL commenced trading in 1955 after the first licences were issued for Clubs to operate poker machines. As the actual Sub Branch does not hold the licences, the RSL Clubs were commenced as separate entities.
The Club has progressively developed and been expanded. The front half was developed in the 1950s and in 1964 the back part of the club was added where the Auditorium & Club catering is now situated. The Club sits on five housing lots.
The Club is a not-for-profit entity with the shareholders being the members.